Brisbane City Council Budget 2014-15 Summary
Last week the Brisbane City Council 2014-15 Budget was handed down. I am pleased to have successfully lobbied to gain $4.25Million towards the redevelopment of the old Wynnum Central School site.
I know more work is required, and I am here to do this work with residents to ensure we keep improving our local community and lifestyle.
I look forward to seeing these projects delivered in our community.
- $4.25M for the Old Wynnum Central SS redevelopment
- $862 000 to resurface Green Camp Road
- $494 000 for upgrade to stormwater pipes at Royal Esplanade
- $434 000 for park upgrades and new footpaths
- $225 000 for footpath construction on Bay Terrace
- $222 000 for Esplanade Bikeway at Manly
- $107 000 for construction of Wynnum North Sea Walls
Council will start spending money on an upgrade of the Wynnum Road Corridor from East Brisbane towards the CBD. This year there will be $662 000 for design and investigation; next year $1.118 000 in 2016-17, $38.333 million and in 2017-18 $24.876 million for capital improvements.
Parkland, Bikeways and Safe school Travel Funding
After lobbying from and consultation with local residents and my representation to the Lord Mayor for park upgrades across the Wynnum Manly Ward; the following will occur during the 2014-15 financial year:-
- Dog Offleash area refurbishment in Bill Lamond Park, Lota $90 000
- Park Infrastructure, Facilities & Landscaping Upgrade, Bayside Park, Manly $65 000
- Playsafe Upgrade at Ropley Rd Park, Wynnum West, $76 000
- Upgrade of Green Park, Wynnum, $60 000
- Bikeway Reconstruction – Esplanade Manly $222 000
- Construction key bikeway links – Active Communities Wynnum, $132 000
- Safe School Travel, Brisbane Bayside State College, $80 000
Road Network Resurfacing and Footpath Reconstruction
The following streets will be resurfaced during the 2014-15 financial year.
- Whites Rd Lota $391 000
- Berrima St Wynnum $173 000
- Raeburn St Manly West $159 000
- Carbethon St Manly $82 000
- Alloa St Wynnum West $44 000
- Kerb and Channel
- Raeburn St Manly West $305 000
- Carbethon St Manly $104 000
- Footpath Reconstruction
- Bay Terrace, Wynnum $255 000
- Tingal Rd Wynnum $122 000
- Pritchard St Lytton $50 000
- Edith St Wynnum $38 000
- Funding has been allocated to help tackle some of the drainage issues in the community and to improve our waterways.
- Local Drainage upgrade
- North Road Wynnum West $328 000
- Vegetation Management in Waterways, Pritchard Rd-Lytton Drain, $24 000
- Tingal Rd, Wynnum Creek, Wynnum $18 000
- Stromwater Drainage Rehabilitation
- Royal Esplanade $494 000
- Esplanade, Manly $130 000
- Wynnum North Esplanade, Wynnum $130 000
- Bridges and Culverts reconstruction and rehabilitation
- Wynnum Rd Wynnum West $125 000
- Gully Reconstruction – $48 000